Catholic wedding in Italy
Italy is the cradle of the Roman-Catholic Church and offers a great selection of antique churches and cathedrals for your Catholic wedding in Italy. There is no other country in the world, that can compete with the numerous beautiful Catholic wedding venues.
Our team offers you to organize your Catholic wedding in Italy in the countries most famous cathedrales or beautiful small country chapels.
Catholic wedding in Tuscany
Tuscany boasts some of the most beautiful churches with rich interiors. A catholic wedding in Tuscany might be celebrated in Florence, Siena or San Gimignano or in the most charming small chapels in the romantic Chianti area.
Catholic weddings on the Italian Riviera
Catholic weddings in Italy on the Mediterranean sea might be celebrated on the Italian Riviera in charming churches in absolutely breathtaking positions like Portovenere or Santa Margharita.
- Specific religious paperwork is required in order to have a Catholic wedding in Italy. We provide assistance for all formalities.
- All paperwork must be translated in Italian.
- A Catholic wedding ceremony in Italy is conducted by an English speaking priest or in Italian, with an interpreter.
- It is possible to have a legally binding Catholic ceremony, in which case civil paperwork must be completed as well.
- A few Catholic churches will only perform a religious blessing, in which case you must be civilly married prior to coming to Italy.
- A Catholic marriage in Italy is not possible if one of you was previously married in a Catholic rite and is now divorced without a formal annulment by the Catholic church.
- A mixed religion marriage is subject to the approval of your own Bishop who must grant permission in writing.
- Religious (Pre Cana) paperwork must be presented no later than 2 months prior to the wedding date.
- The paperwork should not be completed 6 months before the wedding date or it will expire.
- The Italian Diocese must receive the paperwork 2 months prior to the wedding.
- A donation is required for the church.
Contact our wedding planner for a selection of the finest Catholic churches throughout Italy.